Renewals have been extended until June 30th 2021
You can renew by cash or card or if you would like to set a direct debit up please contact us at email@example.com
From the 17th May normal opening hours will resume.
Masks MUST be worn when moving around the club, but once at your table it can be removed.
Limits on alcohol have now been removed
Rule of 6 – no more than 6 to a table
Monday – Thursday
Friday – Saturday
Please note this announcement will be in place unless there are any changes by the government.
- Customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings upon entering the premises!! Except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
- In licensed premises, food and drink must be ordered from, and served at a table.
- To help make it easier to sign in on the NHS Test and Trace system we will be displaying a NHS Covid-19 QR Code to scan, you can download this from the App store or Google Play. We do still register our members that do not have access to the app service with good old fashioned pen and paper.
- Parking only permitted for our members that are using the facilities
- Hand wash/sanitizing stations provided at all entrances for members and work areas for staff, giving them everything they need to work safely, including training on social distancing and hand hygiene
- We have hand sanitizers throughout our premises so you can maintain your own personal hand hygiene to protect everyone.
- Gatherings BOTH indoors and outdoors only permitted in a group of at most six people from any number of households.
- A one-way system clearly signposted for using the facilities, such as toilets.
- We have positioned tables to ensure safe spacing that will reflect PHE guidelines, and we are seating tables of up to six people maximum indoors at a safe 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable.
- Certificate of AA COVID Confident Assessment Scheme
- Enhanced procedures and training for our staff regarding hygiene.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by staff, following PHE guidelines.
- Enhanced and regular cleaning regimes with suitable alcohol sanitizer.
- Adjustments to the layout, service and staff rotas to reduce the number of guests and staff in any area.
- A “No handshaking policy”
- Carrying out full risk assessment for the club, including deliveries to protect both our teams and suppliers.
if you have any queries please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The safety and well-being of our members and staff is our priority and we will take all necessary precautions to ensure their continued welfare. As with many businesses, we are actively monitoring the situation with regards the outbreak of Covid-19.
Help prevent the spread
We ask all our members to observe high standards of personal hygiene whilst visiting, there are simple things you can do to help prevent the spread of the virus, including:
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Putting used tissues in the bin immediately
- Washing your hands with soap and hot water regularly, and using hand sanitizer gel
- Trying to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
PWMC comprises a cross section of the whole of the community within the village and the surrounding area. It houses many activities and sub-clubs: snooker, crib, bingo and quiz nights and a fluctuating debating society that meets most weekday lunchtimes at the bar. Saturday tends to be sports orientated, with a large screen television and most sporting channels available.